December 13, 2016
Volunteering at the Christmas Distribution Center
We had a great time volunteering at the The Salvation Army Central Virginia Christmas Distribution Center at Regency Square Mall yesterday! We had the opportunity to help gather coats, gifts and stockings for hundreds of families to make their season brighter. #seasonofgiving
November 18, 2016
palinchakjr | Getty Images Wall Street pros have been predicting the “Great Rotation” from bonds into stocks for six years. With Donald Trump‘s election victory and the Republicans’ hold on control of Congress, the time finally may have come. Money flocked into equity and out of fixed income funds last week at a near-record pace…
October 24, 2016
Site Visit in Jacksonville, FL
We spent last Thursday in Jacksonville touring some apartment buildings, hotels, and office buildings. This was the view leaving Richmond early that morning. Can’t beat that!
October 24, 2016
Check out our ad in SE Real Estate Business!
October 18, 2016
Q3 2016 Market Summaries: Industrial & Office
Richmond Industrial Market Summary, Q3 2016
- Warehouse vacancy fell to 4.5% while Flex vacancy ticked up slightly to 9.3%
- Availability rates rose across the board as a number of large blocks became available for sublease
- Richmond’s average warehouse asking rent rose to $3.55 per sq. ft., a 9.7% increase from Q3 2015, while the average asking flex rent remained relatively unchanged at $8.13 per sq. ft.
- Overall Richmond posted 355,676 sq. ft. of positive net absorption in Q3 2016, driving up the YTD net absorption to 1.8 million sq. ft.
Richmond Office Market Summary, Q3 2016
- Vacancy rate ticked up slightly to 12.4% in Q3 2016
- Asking rental rate subsequently fell to $19.31 per sq. ft. as CBD rents continued to tumble
- Richmond posted 124,884 sq. ft. of negative net absorption in Q3 2016 as Capital One vacated 135,000 sq. ft.
- Office using employment rose to 231,000 jobs, a 3.9% growth over the same period last year